Welcome

Welcome to: Music with Chris!

What to expect:

  With "Music with Chris", I'm hoping to make a space where I can talk about different elements of music, whether that be certain elements of Music Theory, or I talk about a new song that came out, or maybe it could even be a review of an instrument or just me talking about a new instrument that came out. I really don't have borders set for this blog, I'm kind of just winging it. I'm hoping to post a new blog every other week, as it'll give me time to edit, and come up with ideas, all that non-sense.

Why I created "Music with Chris":

  I created "Music with Chris" because I have a strong love for ALL things music. If I'm not playing an instrument, I'm probably writing about one somewhere (I LOVE forumboards, you'll catch me on MandolinCafe, GuitarForums.com, and TalkBass.com), listening to music, or I'm in class, and even then it's spotty, I could be writing music in my head to try and replicate when I get home or I could be humming a song. Music saved me when I was at the lowest points of my life, and I've created a bond with music that I don't think I could ever even replicate with something else, and it surely shows, I'm known at school for the amount of time I play music/spend my time learning music. If someones looking for me, they go to the music room and expect to see me sat dow.n by myself playing guitar or mandolin. They say everyone has that one thing, some people live for sports, some people live for reading, but my biggest thing is music, and I'd like to share my joy for music with others, even if only one other person sees it, that's still one person I may have impacted, and I love it.

About Chris:

  I feel for a blog to be successful in some way or another, or for anything to be successful for that matter, that it/they need to have a connection with their audience. The audience is more likely to come back if it touches their soul or they feel a connection to it, for example, Benjamin Tod's - Using Again. I listen to that song at least once a day, I feel connected to it, as the lyrics touch my soul, and after listening to Benjamin Tod's and the Lost Dog Street Band's music for so long now, I feel like I have a connection to Benjamin and Ashley. You can hear their personality and who they are as a person in their music, and I can connect to that! So I'd like to make a connection with my POSSIBLE audience, so maybe they experience the same excitement for music, or feel connected to what I post in some way or another, so lets start. My names Christian, I'm 17 years young, and I'm from Newfoundland, Canada (eh by), I enjoy a lot of different things, I fish, I'm an amateur photographer (not official, or anything, just do it in my free time for myself and others if asked), I ride a dirt bike, I play video games, and I enjoy reading/writing (obviously, I'm writing a long blog, I must enjoy writing). I'm your pretty average teenager, besides a darker past. I mainly listen to Bluegrass, Country, Blues, and Irish music, but I enjoy so many more genres, such as Rock, Metal, Deathmetal, Jazz, and I enjoy some early 2000s-2010 pop. I am a HUGE nerd when it comes to music, if I have someone to ramble on about music with, I will without a doubt, music has had such an impact on my life, so when I find music I enjoy, I'm not at all afraid to talk about it. This isn't much of an introduction, I know, but I hope anyone reading this will get to know me as I keep posting, even if it's just one person (Mom if you're reading this, you don't count).

  Anyways, I'll sign off with a song for you all to check out, Benjamin Tod - Using Again, it's a song about substance abuse and addiction, even if you haven't experienced addiction, a family member or someone you know may have, and this is almost an insight in to their mind when it comes to this issue, it's such a deep and simple sounding song, but it pulls on the heart strings.

-Chris

Comments